Born: May 9, 1979
Hometown: Ashland, Kentucky
Family: Wife, Alicia
Primary position: Starting pitcher
Before The Bigs:
- Played three seasons of college baseball at the University of Kentucky.
- Was selected in the eighth round (249th overall) in the 2000 draft by the Diamondbacks.
- After going 6-10 with a 3.99 ERA in his first full pro season at Single-A Lancaster, he went 10-6 at Double-A El Paso in 2002.
- He started the 2003 season at Triple-A Tucson, and was called up and made his big-league debut in relief on April 22.
- With aces Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling injured, Webb joined the Diamondbacks’ rotation in 2003 and went 10-9 with a 2.84 ERA. He was third in National League Rookie of the Year voting behind Dontrelle Willis and Scott Podsednik.
- After going 7-16 in 2004, he went 14-12 in 2005 and started the 2006 season with an 8-0 record and was named to his first NL All-Star team.
- Finished 16-8 with a 3.10 ERA and won the NL Cy Young Award. Tied for the NL lead in wins.
- Named to his second All-Star team in 2007.