Born: October 22, 1982
Hometown: San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic
Marital status: Single
Primary position: Second base
Before The Bigs:
- His father, Jose Cano, pitched six games for the Houston Astros in 1989 and played for three seasons in Taiwan.
- Robinson started slowly in the minors, hitting .230 in 57 games for the Gulf Coast League Yankees in 2001.
- He showed power potential in 2002, when he hit 14 home runs at age 19 at Single-A Greensboro, but he had just six total home runs at Single-A Trenton and Double-A Trenton in 2003.
- Made it to Triple-A Columbus midway through the 2004 season, and hit .259 in 61 games. He started 2005 in Columbus, hitting .333 in 24 games before a call-up to the majors.
- Finished second in the American League Rookie of the Year in 2005 voting to Oakland pitcher Huston Street. He hit .297 with 14 home runs.
- Batted .342 in his second season in New York (good for third in the American League) with 15 home runs and was voted a starter for the All-Star Game, but could not play because of an injury.